When I saw the news yesterday that Moodys put the US rating on a downgrade watch and that was also followed immediately by Standard & Poor’s pushing the same narrative, I immediately became suspicious of the timing and this idiotic warning. Remember that Moody and S&P where the people that kept telling us that all those mortgage security packages, replete with bad loans almost guaranteed to go south, repackaged through Freddie and Fannie, where … Read more
Tag Archive: Secretary of the Treasury
- Deep Thoughts,
- Election 2012,
- Evil Capitalists,
- Left Wing Idiocy,
- The Economy,
- The Law,
- The Mainstream Media,
- Things are worse than they seem
July 15, 2011 9:03 am
Tags: Barack Obama, Business/Finance, congress, Economics, Economy of the United States, Government, Great Society, Gross domestic product, MOODY'S CORPORATION, Nancy Pelosi, New York Fed, politics, Recessions, Secretary of the Treasury, Standard & Poor's AB, Tim Geithner, Timothy Geithner, United States public debt
Current AuthorsAlexInCT (898), CzarChasm (17), Hal_10000 (1111), JimK (28), Rann (7), richtaylor365 (561), Thrill (93)
- Seattle Outcast on The 13-year-old Desperado
Of course, the Dept of Education needs to scrapped, pretty much in it's entirety to remove all aspects of federal...
- Hal_10000 on The 13-year-old Desperado
You cannot have an effective school system when blatantly incompetent and/or uncaring teachers can’t be fired like anyone else in...
- InsipiD on NFL Claims Ignorance of Video. Also Gravity and Spacetime
it’s actually not. You’ve never seen a drunk person pass out? Or fall down and hit their head on their...
- Seattle Outcast on The 13-year-old Desperado
I'll disagree with that a bit - the problem isn't that the teachers are "grunt labor", the problem is that...
- West Virginia Rebel on NFL Claims Ignorance of Video. Also Gravity and Spacetime
She says she loves him and wants to stay with him...it's messed up.
- Miguelito on NFL Claims Ignorance of Video. Also Gravity and Spacetime
She still ended up marrying the guy too.. so, smart people all around.
- Xetrov on NFL Claims Ignorance of Video. Also Gravity and Spacetime
I'll say one thing - I'd much rather the NFL take care of it internally than Congress get involved and...
- TxAg94 on NFL Claims Ignorance of Video. Also Gravity and Spacetime
I suspect if they really cracked down on all the things we say we want them to crack down on...
- AlexInCT on Who’ll Start the Rain?
More power to them for doing that then Xetov. Maybe not everybody is as dumb a s stump out there....
- Xetrov on Who’ll Start the Rain?
We’d be much better of starting now http://www.mercurynews.com/science/ci_25859513/nations-largest-ocean-desalination-plant-goes-up-near CARLSBAD -- On sunny afternoons, this stretch of beach 35 miles north of San...
- Planned Parenthood's War on Women Over the last few weeks, a number of prominent Republicans have come out in favor of making the birth control pill available over the counter....
- The 13-year-old Desperado Avery Gagliano is in trouble. Having more than ten unexcused absences from school in the Washington DC public school system, she's been declared truant. ...
- Obamacare not free, and kills jobs - rehash Those of us that pointed out Obamacare was going to hit everyone, but especially small businesses, hard in the pocketbook, but then also kill jobs,...
- NFL Claims Ignorance of Video. Also Gravity and Spacetime Earlier this year, video emerged of Ravens running back Ray Rice dragging his unconscious fiance -- correction, the fiance he had beaten unconscious -- out...
- What progressivism - Social Justice, in a nut shell - always ends up being. Venezuela is the latest example of what progressivism works out to be in a nutshell. Chavez, another idiot that gained power passing himself off as...
- Seattle Outcast Of course, the Dept of Education needs to scrapped, pretty much in it's entirety to remove all aspects of federal interference from state & local...
- Hal_10000 You cannot have an effective school system when blatantly incompetent and/or uncaring teachers can’t be fired like anyone else in the country.
I agree. But...
- InsipiD it’s actually not. You’ve never seen a drunk person pass out? Or fall down and hit their head on their own?
Sure, and they don't particularly...
- Seattle Outcast I'll disagree with that a bit - the problem isn't that the teachers are "grunt labor", the problem is that between tenure and the unions...
- West Virginia Rebel She says she loves him and wants to stay with him...it's messed up.
- Ferguson Erupts Four days ago, Michael Brown was shot dead by police in the suburb of Ferguson, Missouri. Accounts of what happened differ dramatically. The...
- Clinton Life I must admit, I always had a soft spot for Chelsea Clinton. Not that I liked her or anything but that I felt bad for...
- Foley Beheaded, Others May Follow Yesterday, ISIS released a video showing them cutting journalist James Foley's head off. I have not watched the video nor do I intend to....
- Toward a European War Over the last week, Russia has been slowly dropping the pretense and invading the Ukraine with active troops, tanks and artillery pieces. Many of...
- Who'll Start the Rain? California is in the grips of a very bad drought? How bad? This bad:
The current drought in California is not only the worst...
Most liked posts
- Ace of Spades HQ
- Cafe Hayek
- Hot Air
- John Cox Art
- Neal Boortz
- Oleg Volk
- Professor Bainbridge
- Right Wing News
- Say Uncle
- Ta-Nehisi Coates
- The Agitator
- The Daily Caller
- The Honest Courtesan
- The Powers That Be
- The Smallest Minority
- The Volokh Conspiracy
- Transterrestrial Musings