Imagine this was London, late December 1940, and Jerry has just given up for the night. That siren you hear? It’s the all clear. Register your accounts, people, and have at it. Sure, I’m still building things, but at some point I had to just say “Ok, time to stress test with people.”
Stuff to know:
- I recommend everyone register at Gravatar.com with the exact same email you are using here. That way you can set up an avatar. The benefit there is you can use that at all Gravatar-enabled sites where you use that specific email address.
- Forums are integrated with the main site, so registering for one enables the other.
- Please fill out as much info as you are comfortable with in your profile, and check the forum profile editor as well (it has more things to fill out). The more ways we can find each other, the more community we have. Yeah, I know that’s vaguely “community-organizer”-ish but please don’t call for my impeachment. :)
- If you see a button for voting – such as at the bottom of posts or in individual comments – vote! Use ‘em.
- Blogads are dead to me. I didn’t realize Wonkette owner Ken Layne also owned Blogads. Don’t know how I missed that news in 2008. Whatever. Dead to me. So yes, there are some of those big G ads on the site that i think I’m not supposed to talk about. I will not be offended if you did what you had to do to not see those.
- I’ve eliminated, split or combined some of the old categories. My goal is to see us use broad categories and tag our posts for specifics.
- The old site, as well as Lee’s china blog and Moorewatch, are all available off the sidebar.
If you have any issues or suggestions, use this post as a suggestion box. I’ll be around all day and night working on this, that and the other.
Nothing to do now but get back into our regularly scheduled Thunderdoming.