Yeah, I am sure that’s what happened! (UPDATED)

It now looks like the IRS conveniently lost the Lerner emails that would prove the extent of the criminal activity going on there:

Washington, DC – Today, Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R-MI) issued the following statement regarding the Internal Revenue Service informing the Committee that they have lost Lois Lerner emails from a period of January 2009 – April 2011. Due to a supposed computer crash, the agency only has Lerner emails to and from other IRS employees during this time frame. The IRS claims it cannot produce emails written only to or from Lerner and outside agencies or groups, such as the White House, Treasury, Department of Justice, FEC, or Democrat offices.

Man, that was a one convenient computer crash, huh? I am sure the usual defenders of the indefensible will demand we believe this is just another coincidence in a long, long string of similar coincidences, and then tell us to just let it go, because4 obviously there is no evidence so there is no case. The left is a crime syndicate, I tell you. They play for keeps. They think the law is their cudgel with which to beat the enemy down, and nothing more. These people are the robber barons of old on steroids.

Look, anyone that doesn’t at this point believe the Obama administration ordered the IRS to do this, then had the FBI and other US agencies actually work to target their political enemies is a fucking fool. This is the administration Nixon would have sold his soul to the devil to have been able to have. If you want to see corrupt: look towards the progressives.

UPATE: Over at Powerline they have a DOJ employee that confirmed the IRS computers back up every night, so this unlikely bullshit about not having the emails is bunk. As we predicted in the commentaries, the next one will be that the backup server had an issue, and then we will have the LSM telling us to just drop it already, because there is no evidence to support this faux scandal….

Wow. Just wow.

We’ll wait, can’t they just call up the NSA? I’m sure they have a copy.

Weird – I mean, my company isn’t anywhere near as big as the IRS and we manage to afford backing up all our email for eternity.

The IRS, like all government agencies, has computers that date back to the stone age. But this strains anything approaching belief. This is Nixon’s tapes all over again. Remember, that was supposed to have been an “accident” too.

As S8 already pointed out, they can ask the NSA. Or maybe they will have to admit that the NSA destroyed any such information collected on democrats and the loyal members of the Obama administration, only keeping that of their political opponents and enemies (same thing, I know), and then tell us we are again making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Speaking of which. With such antiquated and unreliable computer systems, why are so many Americans fucked over by the IRS? I mean any and all attempts to collect anything, especially when they drag people into court, after this revelation of how unreliable their system is, should be promptly met with a defense that the IRS computer system is such a piece of shit, and the employees such partisan political hacks, that the judge should dismisses the case on principle.

Remember how well this, the most powerful government agency on this planet, bar none, runs things the next time one of these progtards tells you government should be running our healthcare to prevent private corporations from making profits. I am sure the excuse “we lost the emails with your request for emergency care when the system went down” will be met with stoic character. After all, there won’t be any more evil profiteers!

You can’t caricature the left’s evil and ineptness. The next time you hear one of these idiots tell you the other side is up to no good, remember that’s because they are always up to no good and expect everyone else is too.

5. hist_ed says:

I defies belief that it was IRS practice in 2011 to only store email on a users PC. I have been out of the IT game for many years, but at AT&T in 2001 we backed up everything. I simply can’t believe that the IRS wouldn’t do the same. The IRS is involved in a lot of high stakes litigation-would they really want to lose tax evasion prosecutions because email records weren’t there? I am not normally a conspiracy theorist, mainly because the incompetence of government explains so much, but this has to be bullshit.

I bet you they had the backup system, only it will also be found to have had a malfunction….

By the end of the week, this will be Bush’s fault. You just know it. He cut some budget item or something or didn’t update something or wedon’tknowbutit’sbush’sfuckingfaultcaseclosed.

By the end of the week, this will be Bush’s fault. You just know it

I thought it already was his fault. Seriously, the fact the current president is a democrat means the media has to abandon their responsibility to report on bad behavior by government. Ergo Boosh is guilty.

9. hist_ed says:

Perhaps someone in Congress could ask these question: http://twitchy.com/2014/06/14/sharyl-attkisson-has-several-questions-about-irs-computer-crash-lost-emails/

10. Xetrov says:

I don’t know of an email system on the planet that only contains emails on a user’s local computer. My company isn’t a government entity responsible for Trillions of tax accounting receipts, and our emails are backed up on two separate systems, each of which have nothing to do with the user’s local machine. This is such an obscene level of BS, it boggles my mind.

11. TxAg94 says:

I’m not sure I buy this. The IRS renovated a huge complex they have near me a couple of years ago. Then they built a brand new shiny office building downtown. I spoke with a guy who works there and he was describing some pretty modern facilities. In general I have been amazed at the “newness” of the equipment at most federal offices I have visited in the last few years. The buildings may be crap but most are keeping up fairly well with computers and such. In fact, many companies I know have delayed upgrades in the past few years, legitimately, due to the economy. During the same time I’ve seen pretty new stuff at government offices.

The “old computer system” is an excuse, I think, nothing more. The sad fact is that they will get away with it like they always do. Contrast that with a reversal of roles. If I really lost documents needed by an IRS audit I would get no mercy at all. Better yet, if they charged me with something they could not prove, but I lost documents I needed to disprove the charge (i.e. prove my innocence), I would automatically be guilty. Funny how that doesn’t go both ways.