Did they really think this through?

Both Hal and Rich have visited the insane deal where the WH released some seriously dangerous people held at Club Gitmo so they could bring home a deserter and traitor. Rich hit it on the head when he pointed out that the WH did this over objections from the military and the intell community, going completely around congress and the law, which is very problematic. And I definitely agree with Hal that they did this now specifically to get the VA scandal, which bodes really ill for Obamacare and the idiots that keep pretending Obamacare won’t be an epic disaster that destroys the American healthcare system, out of the news. But there is another angle to this that is not being discussed by the LSM, and I suspect it’s because this is a ticking time bomb.

Sure, Obama might have released these jamokes and given the military orders to just drone strike them to death as soon as possible, but I doubt that’s going to work out that way. If Obama actually let these people out so they could just kill them, then he has some serious balls and I guess I would have to point out that he is far more blood thirsty than I would have credited him with. Certainly earns that Nobel peace prize of his in my mind. Mind you, I have no problem with killing these terrorists, because I believe dead terrorists are less of a problem, but that the fucking leftist scumbags that treat terrorists better than our own troops suddenly adopt this policy, after crucifying Boosh for doing the same and pretending that killing terrorists just made more of them, is something worthy of scorn. But that’s not the time bomb I am thinking about.

And yes, there is going to be some nasty political fallout from the fact that Bergdahl was a deserter and a collaborator with the enemy. When the people that died trying to get this scumbag back are being dissed by this idiotic decision, there should be some nasty fallout, and while I see the LSM trying hard to provide the WH cover, it is going to cause harm to the leftards. I expect a lot of retaliatory strikes from this WH against anyone they feel has not helped them contain the damage. There is a history of retaliation there. But in the end, this is going to hurt the WH beyond their calculated distraction to the VA scandal doing damage to Obamacare. But this is also not the time bomb I foresee.

The big question I have not heard anyone ask is what happens if one of these clowns they released to get the deserter/collaborator back has a successful operation that kills Americans, especially if it happens before this administration is out of office. I guess the LSM would help the fucking crooks in the WH hide that if the target was military, definitely if not in the US, and probably even if it was there, considering the way they have handled terror attacks against US targets, but if the target was not military, and especially if it was in the US, it would be a PR disaster for the class warriors. I am sure they will cover it up – LOOK! A video about Islam! – but this should be something so disastrous that it would kill this administration.

And no, I am not rooting for people to die, just because I think that would harm this administration. That’s the way progressives with their eye on victory at any cost think and work. But that these losers have not contemplated this scenario, or worse, have contemplated it and think they can avoid it, shows me how inept and unworthy of leadership they are.

so they could bring home a deserter and traitor

Accused, at this point. I want to see what the investigation details. Not that I expect facts to change anyone’s opinion.

Actually Hal, this investigation was already done when Bergdahl went AWOL, so we are redoing it again. I will again stress that I will not at all be surprised if this time, under duress, the military finds Bergdahl to be a model soldier, despite evidence to the contrary……

Alex, I know you can see what’s coming. The WH will spin the medical emergency exigency as mental, not physical. During their negotiations it was revealed to them that Bergdahl was having a nervous breakdown or some type of emotional distress of some sort that demanded prompt and decisive action. He is now being debriefed (coached) as to what to say so that when he does make a public statement it will sound something like ,”I was suffering from PTSS, I was confused and not quite of sound mind. I was in that frame of mind when I wrote those inflammatory emails and must have suffered a blackout when I walked off base. Next thing I remember, I was in the hands of the Taliban, their prisoner.”

And who can prove otherwise?

They’ll cite Stockholm syndrome. Whether it’s true or not.

If it didn’t make me feel so dejected I would now be saying: “I told you so” to you all. From Pravda, erm the NYT:

Four months ago, Senator John McCain said he would support the exchange of five hard-core Taliban leaders for the release of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl. “I would support,” he told CNN. “Obviously I’d have to know the details, but I would support ways of bringing him home and if exchange was one of them I think that would be something I think we should seriously consider.”

But the instant the Obama administration actually made that trade, Mr. McCain, as he has so often in the past, switched positions for maximum political advantage. “I would not have made this deal,” he said a few days ago. Suddenly the prisoner exchange is “troubling” and “poses a great threat” to service members. Hearings must be held, he said, and sharp questions asked.

This hypocrisy now pervades the Republican Party and the conservative movement, and has even infected several fearful Democrats. When they could use Sergeant Bergdahl’s captivity as a cudgel against the administration, they eagerly did so, loudly and in great numbers. And the moment they could use his release to make President Obama look weak on terrorism or simply incompetent, they reversed direction without a moment’s hesitation to jump aboard the new bandwagon.

See? The bad guys are McCain – whom I personally think should retire already because he has turned into a full blown retard – and the republicans! They say this was a bad deal, not because Obama ignored congress and the military to trade 5 real dangerous people that are going to retaliate against us for a fucking deserter and collaborator, but because the deal was brokered by Obama. No questions of “why just now” either. They are desperate for everyoen to think this was a real good deal instead of yet another in the string of idiotic and disastrous foreign policy moves to come from these progressives playing at being capable leaders.

The fucking punks at this WH despise the military just as much as the Clintons did. They want them to shut the fuck up, salute, and throw their lives away in the cause of the progressive agenda. There is no respect for people in uniform because progressives believe only the stupid join up. Being told they should not do this, especially after they convinced themselves they could use this to get the VA scandal and the implications for Obamacare off the front screen with this move, without any blow back, triggered the usual pavlovian response from these imbecils.

They are now telling the LSM, whom probably doesn’t need much motivation to go along with them, because they too see Bergdahl as a hero for refusing to fight an enemy the progressives actually have shown a lot of empathy for, to give them cover, and that’s all this idiotic NYT article is.

Shame on the lot of them.

This is something that has begun to annoy me: “Hey, Republicans favored getting him back months ago!” Well, yeah. But that doesn’t mean they favored getting back by *these* means. A rescue op, a trade of lesser people, some other deal, sure.

To me, it’s very reflective of a diseased political mindset: “we must do something” “this is something” “let’s do it”. This is the same shitty thinking that has created about 80% of the problems our government has. Obamacare, Dodd-Frank, Sarbanes-Oxley, McCain-Feingold, the Patriot Act — these were all passed so that we would “do something” about a problem rather than holding back and doing the right thing.

7. Xetrov says:

And who can prove otherwise?

These guys – http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/06/exclusive-bergdahl-declared-jihad-secret-documents-show/

U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl at one point during his captivity converted to Islam, fraternized openly with his captors and declared himself a “mujahid,” or warrior for Islam, according to secret documents prepared on the basis of a purported eyewitness account and obtained by Fox News.

The reports indicate that Bergdahl’s relations with his Haqqani captors morphed over time, from periods of hostility, where he was treated very much like a hostage, to periods where, as one source told Fox News, “he became much more of an accepted fellow” than is popularly understood. He even reportedly was allowed to carry a gun at times.

The documents show that Bergdahl at one point escaped his captors for five days and was kept, upon his re-capture, in a metal cage, like an animal. In addition, the reports detail discussions of prisoner swaps and other attempts at a negotiated resolution to the case that appear to have commenced as early as the fall of 2009.

The reports are rich in on-the-ground detail — including the names and locations of the Haqqani commanders who ran the 200-man rotation used to guard the Idaho native — and present the most detailed view yet of what Bergdahl’s life over the past five years has been like. These real-time dispatches were generated by the Eclipse Group, a shadowy private firm of former intelligence officers and operatives that has subcontracted with the Defense Department and prominent corporations to deliver granular intelligence on terrorist activities and other security-related topics, often from challenging environments in far-flung corners of the globe.

The documents obtained by Fox News show that Eclipse developed and transmitted numerous status reports on the whereabouts of the errant American soldier, spanning a period from October 2009, roughly three months after Bergdahl reportedly walked off his base in Afghanistan and fell into custody of the Haqqani network, up through August 2012.

At one point — in late June 2010, after Bergdahl succeeded in one of his escape attempts — the Haqqani commanders constructed a special metal cage for him, and confined him to it. At other points, however, Bergdahl was reported to be happily playing soccer with the Haqqani fighters, taking part in AK-47 target practice and being permitted to carry a firearm of his own, laughing frequently and proclaiming “Salaam,” the Arabic word for “peace.”

Xetrov, “These guys” offer nothing to disprove the narrative that will be spun. Hal mentioned Stockholm Syndrome, do you know what that is? I didn’t mention it before because it is useless in describing Bergdahl’s behavior prior to capture. But once he was a prisoner, any actions on his part can easily be labeled as a symptom.

And your link actually bolsters his case. The fact that he tried to escape and was later placed in a cage, this fact will be spun to prove that he did not actively seek out the Taliban but was legitimately captured.

9. Santino says:

Hal mentioned Stockholm Syndrome, do you know what that is?

Just because I miss the music threads (and Thrill of course).

For Santino: the best song of 2014. Best one I’ve heard in a LONG time, at least. Love it:

12. Xetrov says:

Obama should answer for this:

Even more disturbing is the claim one of the people freed was the architect of 9-11.