Blue on blue fight coming after WH goes after Woodward?

Unless you have been living under a rock or get your news from the usual LSM outlets, you must have heard about the controversy caused when the WH threatened Woodward for pointing out how fucked up Team Obama is. The LSM is in a freaking tizzy, but I can go back to before the election where many people, like Barone, predicted the coming Obama thugocracy. These Team Obama people make Nixon look like a piker. First they denied then they threatened Woodward until there was no denying it, but the truth is coming out. Politico has the emails where a senior WH Exec threatened Woodward, so now they are just left with damage control. That means they will make Woodward pay for daring to point out how despicable and crazy they are. Mind you, Woodward is no right winger, he is as leftcore as they get, and he is not alone, as other stories like Ron Fournier getting the rubber glove treatment from the WH, or former Clinton staffer Lanny Davis being told his access would be revoked, are now surfacing.

What this story boils down to is that this WH has an enemies list, and they are neither afraid nor restrained in their response to said enemies. In fact, they are so brazen that they have no compunction threatening a member of the LSM that had already brought down another president, over much less, with serious payback, and felt they could get away with it. They figured the only people that would dare care, and then only if Woodward had the cajones to talk, would be the evil conservatives. The rest of the LSM? They will do what they are told, because they know where their bread is buttered.

I have never been a fan of Woodward, but I see kind of find this stuff he said tame compared to the truth I see going on. His crime I guess is to not bow down to the Emperor and his inner circle’s wishes to be portrayed as the exact opposite of what they really are. The collectivists have no clue what they are doing, and I hazard to point out that things have not completely fallen apart despite what they are doing. If the LSM actually reported how stupid the left really is, can you imagine Obama being reelected? The LSM reports how incredibly stupid the shit the left does like this, and those of us that want to find out what is really going on are left to find the WH lying yet again elsewhere.

No wonder that with the LSM behaving like it does,covering and shilling for them, the WH thought they could give Woodward the shakedown with impunity. I am going to enjoy watching this blue on blue massacre. PASS THE POPCORN!

1. Argive says:

Doesn’t look like there were too many real threats being made in those emails. Hell, Sperling starts the email by saying “I apologize for raising my voice in our conversation today. My bad.” Read it any way you want, but a good number of conservative writers are saying there’s nothing here:

Matt Lewis, Daily Caller:

When Woodward tells of being warned he would “regret” challenging Obama, it sounds ominous. But if Politico’s reporting today is correct, it seems much more innocuous than that. Looks like we were played.

Erick Erickson:

Ok wow. Finally read the email to Woodward. I must now move to the “not a threat” camp.

Byron York:

After reading Sperling-Woodward email, it’s nowhere close to a threat. Agree with @mattklewis: People who made big deal of this got played.

Keith Urbahn, former Chief of Staff to Donald Rumsfeld:

Vintage Woodward: Cherry-pick a friendly exchange, make it sinister & vault himself into the media. Did it with Rummy in State of Denial.

Looks like the KOS talking points are already out and distributed. Nothing to see here!

3. Argive says:

I think you are way out on a limb here. So now Matt Lewis, Erick Erickson, Byron York and the former Chief of Staff to Donald Rumsfeld are happily disseminating liberal talking points? All four of them read the emails and agreed that Sperling didn’t threaten Woodward.

4. ilovecress says:

I’m not saying that this is all lovely, but that’s kind how the press operates. Always has been, and not just in politics.

Watch ‘The Thick Of It’ – I used to work for the guy that Malcolm Tucker is based on – and I’ll be honest, an angry email would have been a releif to a lot of journalists!

Yeah, I’m siding with the “not a threat” thing. What Woodward was reporting is more interesting than how he reported it. Also, it’s probably the least horrifying thing Obama has done this week.

Even if we accept the narrative of intimidation, Woodward said “I think if Obama himself saw the way they’re dealing with some of this, he would say, ‘Whoa, we don’t tell any reporter ‘you’re going to regret challenging us”.
    Alex, how does that square with the claim of some sort of orchestrated “Obama thugocracy” and that “the WH thought they could give Woodward the shakedown with impunity”?

Or do you, as usual, just get to pick and choose to suit yourself?

The collectivists have no clue what they are doing….

Again, I thought this was some sort of ‘plan’, which could even be predicted before the election?
    Clueless geniusness- wtf?

From Woodward’s final email:

Gene: You do not ever have to apologize to me. You get wound up because you are making your points and you believe them. This is all part of a serious discussion. I for one welcome a little heat; there should more given the importance. I also welcome your personal advice. I am listening. I know you lived all this.

Does that read like a man writing to someone threatening him with anything?