Exhibit ZZZ: Government controlled healthcare in a nut shell.

If government can’t run healthcare for the people that did something to actually earn the privilege of free healthcare, on a much smaller scale than what they really want to be doing, and is having all these problems, how well do you think they will do running a behemoth like Obamacare? From the article:

The processing time for disability claims at the Department of Veterans Affairs worsened in a majority its regional offices last year, and the VA has struggled with its much-anticipated plan to correct its problems, according to two recent audits and a review of department data. The result for veterans is longer waits – often for disability decisions that are incorrect.

The declining performance came in a year the VA was working to boost its performance, hoping to meet long-standing department goals to decide veterans’ claims faster and more accurately. Office by office, the department is switching to a new processing system designed to eliminate paper records, curtail pointless shuffling of files and speed decision-making. The VA plans to move all offices to the new system by the end of the year.

In recent months, however, performance has been slipping. Beyond that, two recent audits call into question the VA’s ability to transform the department as planned. The department’s inspector general, in a report dated last week, said it was too early to know whether the new system would help the VA reached its goals.

I can’t say I am surprised. This is why the “good enough for government work” line exists.. Unfortunately the left wants to foist this all on us because they think profits is a dirty word and they are control freaks. They would rather have horrible healthcare, rationed and controlled by faceless petty bureaucrats with delusions of grandeur, and needless suffering and pain, not to mention deaths, than let someone make a profit. How sad and stupid that irrational envy can drive people to cut off their nose to spite their face.

If we can not have government do healthcare right, on a micro scale, for people that actually have earend it, how do we expect them to do it when they want everyone in a nation of some 300 million plus to have to funnel through them to get it, huh? Good luck with that. At least I hope I will always be able to afford my own private healthcare, and like the politicians, avoid the very horrible system they have condemned everyone else to. Bad tetth and death pannels for all!

1. Dave D says:

Alex:

WHY oh WHY do you continue to post these negative posts that try to inculcate us with your ignorant, hate-filled extreme right wing views? We want to see more postivie spins on the socialist paradise that exists in many countries around the world, coupled with postive, constructive spins on the current morass of spending we see here in the US. This will serve to foster an amosphere of postivie thinking, thus making those of us with critical thinking skills more “open” to control by our superiors. Get with it, man!

You are just trying to piss off the usual pretend centrists now aren’t you, Dave?

BTW, I thought my post on VD for Valentine’s day was very positive and uplifting and should have made everyone but the females happy. I can’t win!

3. Fangbeer says:

You’re not going to reach people who advocate for theoretical concepts, rather than applied mechanics. You can argue all day long about the applied effects, but those arguments are lost on people who want to see things as they should be according to their theory.

Take the minimum wage debate as an example. You can argue that raising the minimum wage raises the cost of living until you’re blue in the face. The response will always be, “but people deserve a living wage, you heartless bastard”

Is that what it was?
    If that’s the case it might need some tweaking to reflect reality, rather than resorting to extremes (always a give-away).

Um, yeah, except that exactly the opposite happened.

This is an excellent example of how it doesn’t matter what is said in response. A good reminder. Thanks.

Exactly the opposite happened. Theory was advanced. I asked for specifics. I got more tumbleweeds.
    Is it opposite day?

And again, exactly the opposite actually happened – it was, and I went with it.

7. Fangbeer says:

Is it opposite day

If you think you have a logical minimum wage argument supported by economic truths to make, go ahead and make it. Go ahead and explain how it achieves the intended goal. Go ahead and explain how the true minimum wage isn’t zero.

8. Mook says:

Exactly the opposite happened.

The last minimum wage increase in the US was in 1st quarter 2009 and unemployment rose significantly afterward. I’m not attributing all or most of that rise to increasing the minimum wage although I do believe it was a contributor, I’m just pointing out a glaring flaw in your absolutist argument.

What absolutlist argument? Again and again and again on this blog I’ve pointed to what appears to be a huge general problem, but I’ve hardly ever mentioned minimum wage as a possible solution. Even in that thread, I said others had made good points against the minimum wage, and that tax credits/incentives would seem to work much better.
    Good grief.