As you can tell from my Saturday through Thursday absences of late, I’m busy. There hasn’t been time to even read stuff, much less blog about. I like the hurried pace, all things considered. It makes the time go by fast and the present is always such a drag. Plus, it’s sort of flattering to be “in demand” everywhere. I’d rather be used than useless, as I often say.
Still, it’s a pain in the ass when I really want to get something done and just can’t. Like throwing together a quality music playlist.
So I need you guys to pick up some of my slack already. Let’s have some songs about:
1. Busy-ness, workaholism, the frenetic pace of modern life, etc
2. Fast, but short songs. Kind of an “Oh, is it over already?” type of song. Like, one minute wonders.
3. Hard working musicians. Lots of albums, lots of tracks, known for constant touring. Honor those who rock hard
4. Those with a remorseless, pounding pulse like Life itself. Just…driven (see pfluffy’s dedication below)
5. My mind is strung out. I can’t even
First up is Ain’t No Rest for the Wicked by Cage the Elephant. I smirk every time I hear it on the radio (with a wink to Biggie G, of course).
Here’s all I can give you right now. If you want more, make an appointment:
Biggie G: Ain’t No Easy Way by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
WVR: Permanent Daylight by Radiohead
pfluffy: Gladiator by The Jesus Lizard
Mississippi Yankee: Timebomb by The Old 97’s
Santino: Time to Waste by Alkaline Trio
Iconoclast: Panic Attack by Dream Theater
FPrefect: No Fun by The Stooges