We’re nearly through with the holidays, at long last. All things considered, 2012 was a good year for me personally. Yes, I think the major electoral outcome was a disaster for America, but life goes on.
Let’s look ahead to 2013, which will be exciting, I believe. Whether or not we want the excitement it will offer is a different question.
Bring on the New Year with:
1. Your Best of 2012. This can be music released in 2012 or even older music that you only discovered and started to appreciate in 2012.
2. Songs about renewal, new beginnings, or starting over
3. Music about making a complete wreck of your life and looking back bitterly (the Ball and Chain option)
4. Something that sums up your feelings about 2012.
5. In honor of the Fake Mayan Apocalypse, songs about the calendar, days of the week, and time
For last week’s survivors of the end:
FPrefect: A Simple Song by The Shins (1)
pfluffy: Psychotic Girl by The Black Keys (1)
Poosh: Save Me by Gotye (1)
Biggie G: Club Foot by Kasabian (1)
Iconoclast: Weatherman by Dead Sara (1)
stogy: Friday I’m in Love by the Cure (5)
Santino: Survival by Muse (1)
Mississippi Yankee: Lover of the Light by Mumford and Sons (1)
CM: Love Interruption by Jack White (1)