Executive Deforestation

Who said ,”It’s good to be the king”?, oh yeah.

Putting on the Ritz, dressing to the nines, opulence times ten, the Obamas know how to throw a party, and they take great pride in standing tradition right on it’s bony head;

Amazing how a reelection can reshape an incumbent’s thinking about many things. Now safely ensconced in the White House for 49 more months, the Obamas have decorated the place with 54 Christmas trees this year.
Even allowing for the usual Washington excesses with taxpayer money, that’s a whole grove of Christmas trees.
“We have 54 trees in the White House,” an excited Michelle Obama proudly told visitors the other day. “54! That’s a lot of trees.”
In fact, the Obamas’ 54 trees this year are almost 50% more Christmas trees than last year

Three more and he would have as many as states in the union.

Why doesn’t he just go around lighting his cigars with rolled up hundred dollar bills, what, he doesn’t smoke cigars? How about his doobies? Isn’t this Marie Antoinette shit, this ,”Let them eat cake” stuff causation for the storming of the Bastille?

I know, I know, he is the president, this is like ragging on him for his multi million dollar vacations, right? We should cut him some slack. Except that, you know, many in this country are really hurting, I get symbolism over substance, but shouldn’t he even try to show some empathy? Fake it. Yeah, he’s not real good at walking a mile in other’s moccasins, but the extravagance, the ostentation, 54 trees, really?

And the people are looking to him for leadership, wanting him to be the adult in the room wrt curtailing government spending.

How many nativity scenes you think are scattered amongst all that foliage?

Bah Humbug! ;-)

Meanwhile, some people are forced to pump their own gas.

Here is the ‘explanation’ anyway.

Thanks for sharing the official White House version on why they felt it appropriate to clear cut half of Vermont, give me a minute, I’m all verklempt.

I guess we (and countless squirrels) should be glad she didn’t whack down a tree for every year Christmas has been a legal Holiday.

It was just bad math. I think they are missing 6 more trees to have one for one of each of the 60 states Obama believes this country has.

Very patriotic, I tell you, albeit wrong, yet again.

;-) Excellent.

Anyway, he was talking about these 57.

No problem, it’s War on Christmas season. As the War intensifies each year, it won’t be long until there’s no sign of anything Christimasy at the White House.

Three more and he would have as many as states in the union.

I actually LOLed at that!

Personally, I don’t mind the trees. But you KNOW if Bush had put up that many precious carbon sinks … oh, never mind.

But Hal, it would have been ok if Bush had done it, because he didn’t claim to care so much about climate change. ;-)

8. Tripper says:

If he had less trees than last year ya’ll would be screaming about the war on Christmas

But they more than doubled the number of trees from last year. I personally think she’s making a desperate cry for “wood”

If you don’t follow this guy your missing a great anti-Obama comic. Here M’chel answers your concerns about all those Christmas trees… and the gingerbread White House too.

Hope n’ Change

11. TxAg94 says:

News flash, CM, Romney lost. There’s no reason to talk about him except to deflect the discussion from your BFF, Obama. Yeah, yeah, Romney’s rich. But he earned it and he’s a private citizen. We can talk shit about our president any time we want to, especially when he is wasting our money and being the hypocrite-in-chief.

Dude, chill out, it was just a joke.

Is there anything that our commie in chief does that won’t recieve a public blowjob from CM in appreciation for?

Little more concerned about the tornadoes currently hurtling past…..

54 Christmas trees? It’s an OUTRAGE! ;)

A quick Google informed me that George and Laura Bush had 49 Christmas trees in 2001. That’s right, just three months after 9/11 the couple chose to take a piss on all who had lost loved ones in that horrible terrorist attack. They basically chose to light up the WH like a casino in a year where sobriety really should have been on all American minds.

And now it’s the Obama’s turn to to the same horrible thing. Disgusting. They really should have let the blogosphere decide on the correct number of trees. My guess is that the perfect number this year would have been hmm… 23.

A couple of years ago some right wing blogs were telling us that Obama was replacing the WH Christmas tree with a Holiday tree. People were outraged. Obama, the Muslim socialist evil moron mastermind, pissing on Christ – again. Of course it turned out to be false, but I can’t help myself from wondering if the mere existence of such idiocy doesn’t suggest that Tripper got it exactly right?

Cock, cock, cock, cock, cock, you don’t know what you’re talking about, cock, cock, cock.

Hey Kimpost, you don’t do sarcasm very well, don’t quit your day job. And Tripper is not even close to being right, neither are you. Can you please provide that quick link of yours wrt the amount of trees the Bush’s had in 2001, my Google skills aren’t the best so I could not verify that claim of yours.

Maybe that had to do with the Mao ornament he adorns his trees with, classy guy.

Laura hates America

WALTERS This is absolutely…

MRS. BUSH (Overlap) Isn’t it just beautiful?

WALTERS …magnificent. How many trees?

MRS. BUSH I think there are 49 trees in the whole house, just decorated with snow and tinsel and bright lights. But isn’t it beautiful?

Ah, yes Mao. I’m sure Obama insisted on that particular ornament himself. Appalling! Or, someone just gave the job to a decorator known for his, let’s call it edgy, style? Naw, couldn’t be. Besides it’s totally un-American to step outside the norm. Christmas is Christmas after all, and the number of trees should be 23 unless the blogosphere says otherwise, or if the president has an (R) after his name, in which case the chosen number is just perfect.

Loving mass murders doesn’t make you edgy: it makes you a typical collectivist douchebag. Picking such a douchebag to do your decoration should not shield you from criticism either. After all, if one side can be held responsible for n-degrees of separation to bad people, why can’t collectivist be held responsible for a direct one?

If it was not for a double standard, the left would not have any.

Considering how Mao would have handled anyone stupid enough to show any kind of religious beliefs – and while many forget Christmas is still a religious celebration, whether you subscribe to the Christain version or Pagan version it originated from – I think this was not about stepping outside the norm, but about brute force insulting people that don’t think of Christmas as just another commerical holiday.

Yep, like I said, he was clearly pissing on Americans. :)

Kim, I admire your spunk, don’t let past failures stop you, sarcasm is a learned skill needing practice, right now you suck at it, but keep plugging away.

Re: the trees, too bad you left out the date of that interview, it was Christmas 2006, kinda deflates that whole 9/11 happy horseshit “Bush is such a heartless bastard for not gauging the mood of a somber and saddened populous” trope, nice try.

And if Obama is to be believed with his constant Linus blanket of “This is the worst economy since the great depression” what kind of message does all this opulence in the face of misery and suffering tell us, or should we just not pay attention? Not only was the economic situation a bit different in 2006, but I think some of the reason he is taking flak is because this royal attitude is consistent with his profligate spending in other areas, like his billion dollar vacations, he just doesn’t get it.

And look how cavalier you were in dismissing Mao’s ornament, you jealous you don’t have on on your “Holiday” tree?

LET THEM EAT CAKE!

I don’t know if it’s me, you, ABC or both but there seems to be some confusion about the links. Hmmm…

The interview I’m talking about took place December 4, 2001. That’s where she informed of their 49 Christmas trees.

There was another interview in January 6 2006, or so it seems.

Here’s the search result page I used.

It clearly says that my chosen link was from: Dec 04, 2001 04:04 PM Story from 2020 ABC News
    Name of link: Interview with President & Mrs. Bush [4]

Whether it was in 2001 or 2006 doesn’t really matter, though. I notice how you’ve managed to see through my clever sarcasms. It’s bullshit. Like Bush’s Crawford vacations. Like Obama’s golfing. They mean nothing.

The Mao ornament, the number of Christmas trees are both ridiculous issues. Had he called it a Holiday tree you’d be all over him. Had you stumbled upon a story about him having just one tree, you would have been all over him for that too. ) Obama needs the right number of trees, he needs to name them “properly and he needs to have them “properly” decorated. *yawn*

Mao, mao, settle down everyone.

You’ll get tse tung lashing for making bad puns, CM.

It is a 2006 interview, not 2001.

Had he called it a Holiday tree you’d be all over him.

Prove it, where have I given a fig about anybody calling their Christmas tree a Holiday tree?

Sorry, but that is just weak cheese, you have zero evidence that I would care one way or the other. I think a Christmas tree in the WH is appropriate. Whether the Mao lover calls it a Christmas tree or a Holiday tree is totally inconsequential to me. I personally don’t care what others call it, how they celebrate it, or how invested they are in abolishing it. As long as the government does not prohibit me from celebrating it in my own way, it’s all good.

But thanks for lumping me in with all the other warriors fighting the fight in the War on Christmas, very open minded of you.

Now THAT’s sarcasm. BOOM!

28. TxAg94 says:

Is it just me or does it seem that Kimpost and CM intentionally become lightning rods in every Obama thread? It seems to me that it is a conscious (or involuntary) technique intended to shift the conversation. Any of us who have managed people have seen this where you try to hold someone accountable for not doing their job, screwing up, whatever. They have no defense so they insist that the real issue is that you were/are mean to them. This shifts the conversation and works really well with weak managers. Suddenly you find that YOU are in the hot seat for being upset at the guy who just completely screwed up an importanbt task.

Just saying. I have found myself moving away form RTLC because in these times the discussions, naturtally, tend toward politics. I like the discussion until one of them goes off the deep end. Sorry guys, it’s nothing personal, I think oyu both have good input but then you lash out like schoolyard wannabe bullies. It’s just silly and tends to devalue the discussion lately.

29. ilovecress says:

TxAg94 – you’re right. Here we were talking about how awful it was that Obama had so many Christmas trees, and they come into the thread acting like the fact that Obama has lots of Christmas trees wasn’t an important issue or something.

Ignore and downvote. Best course. Never argue with people when they’re going on off-topic troll raids.

FWIW: I think CM is a smart guy who just likes fucking with you all through this trolling act of his. Can’t say I see much bona fide trolling from Kimpost. I don’t see why Kimpost gets lumped in with the trolling behavior that CM does for laughs, unless it’s just guilt-by-association for sharing the same ideological viewpoint.

Troll.

What can I say, TxAg94? I think that I’m on topic here. I’m sorry if I don’t see 54 White House Christmas trees as an example of some kind of Imelda Marcos-type spending spree. I don’t even see it as a mild form of excess. If anything I see White House Christmas celebrations as feel good stories in a world of hurt. You know, something to smile about, on the same note as news about Obama’s dog. Or when a cop buys a homeless man a pair of shoes. Or when Tokyo traffic stops to a halt once year to guide new born ducklings to water.

So when I see a post suggesting that the trees is an example of “Marie Antoinette shit, this ,”Let them eat cake” stuff causation for the storming of the Bastille?”, I can’t help myself from saying “Wtf, this is silly”.

Honestly Kim, I thought you were sharper then this, although TBH since I have had to point out tongue in cheek examples in several other posts, I’m not surprised. Do you really think in all seriousness that an excess of Christmas trees warrants an all out insurrection like the storming of the Bastille?

Cress used the word “awful”, OMG, he is as bad as you. I mentioned in the post that we should cut him some slack because he is the president, so obvious (maybe not since you did not pick it up) I’m just having a bit of fun with him, much like the post I wrote about him throwing like a girl, about his god awful basketball picks, or his Charles Barkley like golf swing, maybe these just warrant throwing rocks at the Bastille.

Even a cursory review of the story reveals that all these trees were donated anyway, so no, the $16 trillion debt will not be ballooned over this. But since the Obama are prone to excess, having the most Christmas trees in the history of the presidency is post worthy just to rib him a bit, sorry your sensibilities got all butt hurt.

No I don’t. :) I honestly thought you were sharper than that, rich, although your ODS running up to the election and after it, sometimes suggested otherwise. To make my position clear: I don’t think Obama’s Christmas trees deserved a post – at all.

Having fun with things is fine, but I just didn’t see it in your initial post, nor did I see it in your defense of the same. I HAVE seen your humor before though, so I hope I haven’t asked for your clarifications too often.