The E-mail Was Probably a LOLcat

Once again, we see that good will always triumph because evil is dumb:

In a Dilbert-esque faux pax, a Taliban spokesperson sent out a routine email last week with one notable difference.He publicly CC’d the names of everyone on his mailing list.

The list, made up of more than 400 recipients, consists mostly of journalists, but also includes an address appearing to belong to a provincial governor, an Afghan legislator, several academics and activists, an Afghan consultative committee, and a representative of Gulbuddein Hekmatar, an Afghan warlord whose outlawed group Hezb-i-Islami is believed to be behind several attacks against coalition troops.

In recent weeks, the Taliban have increased the number of emails they send out, growing from just a handful every week, to several per day. Most of the emails are sent from Ahmedi’s account. The increase coincides with the end of the annual Taliban fighting season, prompting one local journalist to joke, “I guess when fighting season ends, emailing season begins.”

I don’t know how much help this will be in the War on Terror. My impression is that the journalists are not sympathizers but people the Taliban has chosen to send their declarations to. Still, I would not be surprised if some surveillance comes down on those on the list.

Dude, you left out the funniest part of the article:

Qari Yousuf Ahmedi did not return emails requesting a comment.

I suspect that he wanted to, but couldn’t figure out the difference between Reply and Forward. Either that or he’s already been reassigned from “public relations” to “suicide bomb division”.

2. briggie says:

Once again, we see that good will always triumph because evil is dumb

Spaceballs FTW.

I have seen, first hand, evil win too many times to think good will always triumph. I will grant that the only reason our elitist governments and media can keep pretending these monsters are a joke is because of their ineptness. The problem is that modernity has made it possible for even backward thinking and stupid evil like this to do unthinkable damage, if not outright, wipe out humanity.

4. West Virginia Rebel says:

I don’t know if evil is so much dumb as incompetent…

I guess their tin cans with strings were on the fritz.
    West Virginia Rebel recently posted..Chemistry LessonsMy Profile

5. TxAg94 says:

Alex, I think you missed an opportunity to just relax and see the humor in something normally so very serious. You seem to need it, man. So, I hope no one minds if I share one of my favorite jokes of all time to get this back to humor (humour for some of you):

Two guys are at the bar, having a really good time. One gets out-of-control drunk and barfs on himself, all over the new shirt his wife just gave him. He’s sitting looking dejected when his buddy asks what’s wrong.

“Well, I barfed on my new shirt and my wife is going to kill me.”

His buddy says, “Hey, no problem, I can help you.” He puts a $20 bill in his friend’s shirt pocket and says, “When you get home tell your wife that some OTHER guy got drunk and barfed on your shirt. As proof, show her the $20 and tell her the man gave it to you to getthe shirt cleaned.” The first guy thinks that’s a brilliant plan so he gets even drunker before he goes home.

When he gets home he can’t quite get his key to work because he’s so drunk. His wife hears him and opens the door. “Just look at you,” she says, “You’re disgusting. You go get drunk and barf all over the new shirt I gave you. You disgust me.”

The guy says, “No, no, it wasn’t me. It was some other guy. See, he gave me $20 to get my shirt cleaned.”

“Why are there TWO $20 bills then,” asks his wife.

“Oh yeah,” he says, “I almost forgot, he also shit in my pants.”

Oh I got the humor. Just not very humorous these days.

You seem to need it, man.

Tell me about it.

I knew that one. It did make me chuckle again though.