America chooses four more years of “UNEXPECTED” bad news that’s someone else’s fault.

And there we have it. After a destructive 4 years of government manipulations that kneecapped our economy for the foreseeable future and a foreign policy platform that has left America not just vulnerable, but facing a more volatile world, the takers, now the majority in the US, opted not to stop the decline but to give us 4 more years of the same. And this painful outcome happened with what now looks like fewer people voting than the 2008 elections, and the fifth column actively propagandizing for their guy.

We have been doomed as a country, and put on the path to become just another mediocre European socialist state. I see where we are going and it looks bleak. We are spending more than we have, with no end in sight, and the left thinks the answer is to take even more from the producers. While the LSM ignores critical stories like this and investors look for ways to protect their money from leviathan, the people are left with 24/7 fluff coverage of a storm. The storm overshadowing all politics over the last week was not an accident. It was done, on purpose, by a cynical and shameless DNC friendly media in order to avoid having to discuss how bad the last 4 years have been. Don’t take my word for that.

Let me admit that I am secretly relieved Obama gets to hang around and reap the rewards of his last 4 years of terrible policies, while being worried that 4 more years of the left’s disastrous leviathan government policies are all but assured to kill off the goose that laid golden eggs, for good. As the tax & spenders print more cash, and more quantative easing devalues the dollar even more, our market reaction says it all. The left is ecstatic: grow the leviathan even more! A lot more! In the mean time, those affected the hardest are the very people that gave these nanny staters 4 more years. I guess that’s some small consolation.

As I told people 4 years ago when Obama won: you are an imbecile if you really believe the tax and spend, big government, nanny staters, lies they will be either more fiscally responsible or less totalitarian, and things are not only not going to get better, they will get worse. Unless you are a member of the Unicorn brigade, you know that prediction panned out. That’s why we have spent the last 4 years getting the constant barrage of “unexpected bad news” media stories. I am going to repeat that prediction: things will get worse. Far worse. And I am sure they will keep blaming everyone but themselves.

In the end, this is going to be a Pyrrhic victory, if anything, for the left. The big loser here is America. Not the one Obama and the left want, but the once great America where John F. Kennedy told people “”Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country”. Unfortunately, I am afraid that we have reached the tipping point where no politician that believes this will win again. It’s about the goodies. Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess. Invest in heavy metals – gold, silver, and lead. I certainly am.

And in four years he’ll still be blaming Bush in some manner. The next DNC candidate will likely be even more of a Marxist sock-puppet, designed to deliver the final shot to the head to the US economy. Perhaps when we get to Greek style riots over the ever-increasing debt and unemployment will people wake up and realize that perhaps we’ve raided the till a bit too much.

Anyway, I’ve got lots of guns and ammo – now into acquiring/making sharp pointy things for the upcoming civil war (which will not be called a civil war until much, much later).

And in four years he’ll still be blaming Bush in some manner.

Not taking any kind of bet against that.

If they learned their lesson it will be another minority candidate that can pander to the “gimme, gimme” crowd that handed Obama this win, too.

Have the Greeks had their “Eureka” moment and realized that the gravy train has derailed? What makes you think that the leftist idiots here in the US will be any different?

Sorry SO, but I think the old exceptional US is done fore: cooked. I am already looking towards Asia, because despite all their problems, they will soon, much sooner now, eat us alive. We have lost the “Eye of the Tiger” and have become lazy and complacent. Anyone that pretends otherwise deserves the royal shafting coming our way. It’s a pity that those of us that knew better not only have to suffer for their lack of vision, but will be handed the bill for their binge party.

I don’t think that the center-right America is gone. Had this election just been about fiscal issues, Obama probably would have lost. Just like Brown did in the UK, Sarkozy did in France, Berlusconi in Italy and Zapatero in Spain. You normally get booted if the economy goes south on your watch.

Obama was saved partly because your recession started under his predecessor, but also because elements of the republican party went overboard on social issues. I don’t generally agree with Seattle Outcast, but in another thread he put it like this:

The Republicans will, of course, go back to wandering in the wilderness until they figure out how to stop running like it was thirty years ago.

Only when the fundietards are ejected from the party, like the Democrats did to them a century ago, will the GOP truly find itself again and stop alienating the vast majority of the public with moronic proclamations that fly in the face of basic reason and the current morality of the country.

The GOP needs to come to grip with the fact that 20% of the country doesn’t look to religion at all, and even less of them to the hyper-christian mentality that gave us creationism, “rape” rape, Jerry Falwell, and clinic bombers. When you are seen to support domestic terrorists by not condemning them, you’ve lost the more than just the center.

Colourful language, but I totally agree with the sentiment. Most here think that that the economy trumps those social issues, and that because you think so, others should too. But I’m sure it isn’t too hard for any of you to understand that there are women, and men, who hesitate voting for people who come up with terms like rape-rape. Just as there are homosexuals who hesitate voting for people who believe that homosexuality is wrong, sometimes so wrong that it warrants restrictions. The opponent would have to be bad-bad, before I’d consider voting for someone who thought I was disgusting for loving a man.

I think that rational people within conservative/republican ranks need to start taking these people on. It’s probably worth losing an election or two for, for long term gain. I’m not jumping on anyone voting for Mourdock or Akin here as I’m able to see and understand your priorities, but I do question its long term wisdom.

EDIT: I actually meant to post this in “Obama Wins and Plots Revenge”, but I messed up. Whatever.

I don’t think that the center-right America is gone.

Never said that. What I said is that it has become a minority that can no longer compete with the voting block that is dependant on government largesse Kimpost, and hence it has for all intents and purposes been marginalized.

This election should have been totally and solely about fiscal and foreign policy issues. That it was not is a crime and a sham. Basically the nanny staters scared the sheeple by falsely accusing the other side of wanting to steal their government given cheese. With help from the LSM the democrats made this an election where people were told the other side was going to steal their freebees and give it to the rich. What a pile of bullshit that is too.

The economic reality is abysmal. We have rampant un and under employment. So bad that it has produced the largest block of people dependant on government for a living in our history. Growth is not European style anemic, but down right artificially inflated by government meddling to push unworkable, expensive leftist projects that would not survive without said government interference and cheese. This all costs the tax payers billions but yields no value to anyone but the nanny staters. Businesses are selling off, in droves, to avoid the confiscatory taxation to be levied next year. Most of the big and lucrative sales are by die hard supporters of the nanny state that are making sure they cash in their cheese before the government gets to take a bigger chunk. Wall Street loves this guy because they can buy favors even as he is bad mouthing them. Our savings are eroding at an alarming pace as our government does everything in its power to not discourage personal fiscal responsibility, but to outright undermine it. They keep borrowing and printing cash, because they need to spend to buy votes, and now they probably believe that also can confiscate more wealth to keep the gravy train going. Only I guarantee you they will raise taxes and then raise government spending by double whatever income they get, leaving us in an even deeper ditch,

We are wasting money and time pretending to fight a war we don’t take seriously while pursuing a foreign policy that has left the Middle East on fire and promises us one doozy of a disaster in the very near future. That reset with Russia, or the new policy that team Obama instituted towards our friends, have all been, to put it kindly, disasters. Every dictator or two bit shit hole socialist country rooted for 4 more years of these idiots because what’s bad for America is good for them. And anyone that thinks what has been going on for the last 4 years is OK or magically get better this time around is a buffoon. Carter’s policies were more successful than Obama’s and yet, Carter was shown the door, and Obama gets to do more of the same stupid.

The problem we have, if you will allow me to use a “too big to fail” banking analogy, is simple: when you are dependant for 5% of your income from the government, you own the politicians because they need you. But when you are dependant for 50%, or more, of your income on the government, then the politicians own you. That’s the democrat’s strategy and it has been a rip-roaring success. The outcome of this election proves that.

Obama was saved partly because your recession started under his predecessor,

Oh, bullshit. Fist off, this crisis was created by his party’s blind dedication to social engineering. Said attempt at social engineering the housing market, if you pardon the pun, resulted in a house of cards, finally imploded, as all such attempts end up doing sooner or later. The left not only brilliantly managed to lay the blame for that at the feet of one of the few people to actually point out the house of cards was going to implode and needed to be fixed – only to be silence with accusations of racist motives – but then demanded to fix it. A 2K page monstrosity of a law followed than not only didn’t address the fundamental underlying problem, but guaranteed us a revisit of the same implosion, sooner than later. And it is a sad fact that so few understand how the policies that he put in place to deal with that economic downturn they successfully blamed someone else for, was made worse and longer lasting under his watch.

What saved Obama was a massive campaign of lies and disinformation, not anything real.

Oh, PLEASE! WTF are you talking about? Social issues?

The ONLY people to bring up social issues where the democrats and their cohorts in the LSM. A massive campaign was orchestrated, to find any possible republican saying anything that as a sound bite could be made to be stupid, and then blown out of proportion, by a complicit media, that at the same time did its best to hide the horrible real fiscal/financial & foreign policy gaffes of team Obama. That was not an accident. As I pointed out: the left KNEW they could not win on their fiscal or foreign policy of the last 4 years, and they orchestrated the campaign of lies. I saw some of the most ridiculously stupid and deceitful commercials around social issue ever, run in my state, and I am a deep blue state, telling some of the most blatantly stupid lies ever.

This wasn’t about social issues: it was about scaring stupid people about the loss of their free cheese. It worked, I am sad to say.

Oh, that quote made me laugh. Seriously? The democratic party was completely taken over and subsumed by their radical element. As I pointed out John F. Kennedy and what he believed in would not be welcome in today’s democrat party. The belief or pretense that democrats are more mainstream is a joke I do expect from socialists that think what they believe in is more of a representation of what should pass for moderate and main stream, though. No Kimpost, the democrat party is a radical leftist clique that successfully convinced the people they own – those that depend on government and now are beholden to the handouts – that they would lose their free shit if they didn’t come out to keep the guy that promised them more free shit, even if we can not afford it, in power.

Like I said last week in so many words: When our party is running Senate candidates who have to take the time to explain that they dislike rape, it’s trouble. Romney won Indiana and Missouri while those two knuckleheads were cleanly defeated. That was a deliberate choice people made.

The lesson is right there if we choose to heed it.

Oh, PLEASE! WTF are you talking about? Social issues?

I don’t think you quite get it, Alex. It’s not about what’s being brought up, the problem is that it can be brought up. Akin and Mourdock believes what they do, after all, and that’s the problem. Not perception.

So you are saying that if I bring up that you like little boys and have a few of their bodies buried in your basement you feel that since I could bring it up it was appropriate, Kimpost? if all it takes is that “it can be brought up” whether it is bullshit or not, then we are doomed politically. That only leaves any opposition to the democrats with the option of stooping to the same levels as the democrats do, and I would rather not vote for that kind of people either, since it is the problem I have with democrats to begin with.

it does say a lot about an electorate that is so full of idiots that just bringing shit up is enough to get them to vote your way and win you elections even when you are about as inept as they can come. My point stands: The America of Ronald Reagan and of the revolution that brought us the constitution is dead. We are now a nation divided between the jersey Shore and John Steward watching morons that think they are entitled to things others have and want government to hand it to them, and an ever dwindling minority that actually bought into that whole pursuit of happiness without your government shafting you for being good at it. It is not rocket science to predict how this plays out and ends.

Actually I don’t have a clue what either really believes in on the subject of rape. What I do know is what the pro Obama media wanted people to believe that not only they, but all republicans believed in. Apparently that’s what trumps reality. At least going one way. For some reason Obama’s pastor believing America is evil, Obama’s wife only being proud of America because the moochers elected her husband, and or Obama’s people all being die hard communists that for example wish our government ran things like the one in China does or that we need to strip anyone they don’t approve of, of their wealth, isn’t supposed to tarnish Obama though.

Like I said: if not for double standards the left would have no standards.

No, but when it isn’t bullshit, it’s fair game, even if you think that a particular social issue isn’t as important as let’s say Bengazi or the national debt. Peoples actual positions will surface.

I’m suggesting that the Republican party hasn’t done enough to distance themselves from that kind of idiocy. Which, in my mind, is ruining their brand.

I’m not sure why you are arguing with me? Surely you must have understood what I have been saying? Now, if you don’t agree with me when I’m suggesting that there’s a fringe problem in the Republican party, then fine – we, won’t agree. I just gave my 2 cents.

WTF? Where did I tell you I thought that any particular issue was not important because I didn’t feel it was? Are you purposefully being obtuse? My point was not about how important an issue is or is not, but how that issue was presented. The problem here wasn’t abortion per se, but the fact that the media decided to make a false generalization about people’s positions on that to scare idiots.

Akin and that other idiot that said stupid stuff about abortion deserved to lose, and they did. Romney said he not only didn’t agree with either of them, but that he was not interested in touching abortion and abortion rights at all. Still the Obama campaign, with massive help from the LSM, L-I-E-D by claiming that all republicans, including Romney, believed the LSM created crisis about banning abortion. The facts got buried under the false narrative. This has nothing to do with an issue, but with lying.

There was zero opportunity to discuss the fact that the left basically pretends that unfettered abortion has to be the only option because of rape, when abortions due to rape account for less than 1% of the total annual cull. In fact, I am not surprised rape & incest numbers are reported together, because the rape numbers will be ludicrously low otherwise.

But what we got was a generalization that postulated that since Akin and some other idiot say or believe dumb shit, all republicans also had to believe the same nonsense. And these fuckwads didn’t stop there: they then extrapolated that what republicans would do because they all believed this bullshit is ban abortion, even though that simply is an impossibility, considering that states would ALWAYS – well as long as it is convenient for the left to pretend they honor state rights – retain that ability.

The equivalent of this contorted logic you want to pretend was a legitimate issue would be making the logical leap that since Ted Kennedy murdered a woman in his U-Boat at Chappaquiddick, all democrats are murders, and worse, they get away with killing women. It should have been seen as ludicrous and denounced. Instead it was turned into an “issue”. And a ton of stupid people, practically all of them of a certain gender and lining up for free shit from government, fell for it.

My middle grand-daughter (19 and first time voter) while talking to me today said “looks like the ‘hand-up’ people lost to the ‘hands-out’ people.
    Out of the mouths of babes.

She’s a freshman college student, works 25+ hours a week fishes fresh and salt water and is an excellent marksmen, Perhaps America still has a chance.

OMG, I can’t believe you’re trying to run this argument. Astonishing. Alex, that’s what YOU do every single day you’re here. In virtually every post. You bring in specific examples and attribute it to all liberals (this is exactly why you get ridiculed for talking about Pol Pot and Stalin all the time). Any specific example you bring is apparently just indicative of (and usually “further proof of”) the stupidity and envy and laziness and immorality of anyone who isn’t a far right winger (and certainly anyone who would vote for Obama, they can’t possibly be doing for any other reason than they are shitheads and scum of the earth etc etc etc). Again and again and again. SURELY you must realise this, even if you decide to pick a silly example (Kennedy) and do the opposite this one time.

Anyway, I’m still sitting out on the election discussion for another day or so.

Anyway, I’m still sitting out on the election discussion for another day or so.

And not doing a very good job of it I might add :(

Nice try but that was picking up on a double-standard. You trying to pick a fight………? :-P

We are discussing separate matters. I’m discussing the possible actual problem with nutters in the republican party, who are tarnishing the republican brand.

You are discussing how democrats with the help of a complicit media are portraying all republicans as nutters by using the likes of Akin and Mourdock.

Can’t both be true?

Kim,
    Tell me honestly that ALL of PMS-NBC, Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert (3 places where huge portions of the left get their “news) didn’t do exactly that on a nightly basis. CNN and regular NBC had nothing good to say about the right plus it was CNN that coined the word “teabagger”
    And please spare us the “that’s not what I’m seeing up here at the Arctic Circle” argument.

No ass-munch, I’m pointing out that you’re incapable of butting out of anything here.

The opposing parties will always be looking for idiocy from the other party, and won’t hesitate using whatever they might find. Hence Akin and Mourdock. Hence Jeremiah Wright.

To minimize damages, both parties need to distance themselves from actual idiocy. Since we are speaking of potential Republican problems, my opinion is that they haven’t done enough to distance themselves from their fringe.

Before the likes of Akin and Mourdock are thrown out, not because their words but because of their actual beliefs, getting the women vote will likely always be a bit of an uphill battle. Like SO, I’d like to see a more modern Republican party.

Nice deflect.

Glad to see we’re back to normal

Where’s the deflection? YES, DEMOCRATS ARE USING THE LIKES OF AKIN AND MOURDOCK FOR PAINTING A PICTURE OF A NUTTY REPUBLICAN PARTY. THEY DO IT ALL THE TIME.

That will ALWAYS happen, from both sides. But that’s not what I’m talking about. I’m seeing possible (you don’t have to agree) actual idiocy, as a potential (again, you don’t have to agree) problem for the Republican brand.

How is that anything but sensible advice?

The media and libs have ample power and DO scour everywhere looking for every tiny detail to take out of context or use to spread disinformation. Why give them more ammo? You’re fighting an uphill battle against impossible odds, WHY add a few extra pounds to your load?

Bingo! You’ll notice that, during this election, Obama apparently kept Jeremiah Wright in a small cell in Gitmo or something. Ezra Klein wrote a whole post about how focused they were on message control, not just trying to avoid giving their opponents ammo but avoiding messianic rhetoric (well, as best they could, which was not too great). Politics is a blood sport, always has been. Opponents will use any opportunity to cast you and your party as out-of-touch maniacs.

Are you fucking serious Poosh? So the advice is to play by their rules, not demand fair rules? Hah, no wonder we keep losing. Romeny DID distance himself from the stupid people saying stupid things, but it was not enough. The left still did their Kabuke dance and the stupid people bought it.

This is beyond idiotic of a statement Hal. Obama did no such thing: the fucking LSM did it for him. Wright could have been out there 24/7, sying anything he wanted, and they would have ignored it or excused it. Look at the Benghazi incident. Yeah, the one you still are making excuses for them too. That’s the difference people like you seem hell bent on ignoring or explining away. If we have to play by their rules when they control the media, instead of pointing out that they are hijacking the fucking game to being with, we will keep loising.

Actually, I think the GOP are weak when it comes to this sort of tactics, even when using the truth. It seems it’s just Hannity and a few citizen-journalists that pay attention.

24. ilovecress says:

So I’m formulating a theory on that – and I’d be interested to hear what you guys think.

I think the GOP used to be very good at that, but they are stuck in the analogue model of 15 years ago. When you discovered something about your opposition, it was all outrage and newspaper headlines. It was hand wringing and incredulity. How dare he, and won’t someone think of the children? Tune in tomorrow to hear more sorry details of this outrage.

It’s not like that now. Now, you take the piss, and make the opposition look stupid. You create a meme and share it on Facebook. You come up with a punch line. It’s the daily show,and Patton oswalt on twitter. You’re not outraged by your oppositions activities, you belittle them with comedy.

No one likes the political rant on Facebook, but phrase it humorously and photoshop it in on a picture of a cat, and you’ll get 10,000 likes.

The world doesn’t give a fuck about rev Wright, because it isn’t funny. But Todd Akin on the science committee? Priceless. Romney rapping ‘who let the dogs out’? Awesome.

Fox News is all about outrage. Just look at Drudge – it’s a literal ‘big headline’ from the days of Newspaper dailies. On big stories, he’s literally got a siren to hold the front page.

I could be wrong, because I’m only seeing it from abroad. But as a huge fan of comedy, and political comedy in general, the cupboard on the right seems to be bare. Or am I missing it?

Thanks for the tip, I’ll try it. Seriously. :)

Nice deflect.

Glad to see we’re back to normal

Everything is a deflection, we sure are. ;-)

The left still did their Kabuke dance and the stupid people bought it.

If you keep calling everyone else stupid then it becomes fairly obvious that you’re not interested in attracting people to the right. Presumably you’re uninterested in the loss of power, and keeping the ‘purity’ is the only thing that matters. That’s fine, but at least recognise what you’ve chosen.

If you keep insulting everyone but your own kind, and pretending they’re all losers and morons and racists and takers, you’ll keep losing. That is for sure.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll try it. Seriously. :)

Not that kind of ‘cat’.

No, with the exception of Ronald Reagan whom had an absolute knack for running circles around the partisan idiots in the LSM and Congress, republicans have always been shitty at this.

Most do what McCain and Romney did: kiss these fucking asshole’s ass in the hope the DNC stooges in the LSM will see they are good people and give them a fair shake. They do not get that the only time that these DNC operatives care about what they say is when it can be used to hurt anyone opposing the democrats, including the very republicans that think they can work with the LSM, and hence they get ass raped when it counts.

Playing anything but hardball with these people in the media is stupid. Shit, the fact that there are still people that think Romney was somehow wrong for pointing out that this country had reached a tipping point where the takers had reached a number that all but guaranteed they would forever elect those that cater to the takers, proves that. The facts, truth, doesn’t matter. If the left doesn’t like the truth they ignore it or twist it. If you have a (D) by your name it gets done in your favor. Otherwise, they go for the kneecap.

The LS needs to be broken. Until that happens the right is always showing up to a gun fight with their hands tied behind their backs and a putty knife as their weapon.