Readers Digest Version

Political conventions in and of themselves are fairly dull events. It is a great excuse for delegates from all over the country to come party together with like minded folks (you know what they say about Republican women in the sack), and sometimes police clashes with OWS losers out in the parking lots offer some entertainment value, but as a predominant news making affair, snooze city. One positive aspect is that up and comers get to showcase their wares, our current president and his coming out party at a DNC convention is case in point. I will watch snippets of the GOP convention; notably South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley and New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez, Condoleezza Rice, Marco Rubio, Chris Chrisite, Bobby Jindal, and Mia love (Utah’s congressional candidate, if you don’t know anything about her, find out).

On the DNC side, well, these are good nights for re arranging my sock drawer, clipping my toe nails and doing that pesky root canal I’ve been putting off. But for those genuinely interested, I found a schedule of upcoming convention events, handy for making sure you don’t miss out:

4:00 PM – Opening Flag Burning Ceremony – sponsored by CNN
4:05 PM – Singing of “God Damn America ” led by Rev. Jeremiah Wright
4:10 PM – Pledge of Allegiance to Obama
4:15 PM – Ceremonial ‘I hate America’ led by Michelle Obama
4:30 PM – Tips on “How to keep your man trustworthy & true to you while you travel the world” – Hillary Clinton
4:45 PM –Al Sharpton / Jesse Jackson; seminar “How to have a successful career without having a job.”

I’ll say one thing about those guys, they are good planers. The Michelle travel log looks educational, she has been around and seen some things. I wish they would put Biden on sooner, that is way passed my bedtime. I guess I’ll have to read about him lighting himself on fire in the papers the next morning.

I expected at least a token Hollywood shout out, some time set aside for celebs to pimp themselves out for the good of the cause, Cameron Diaz giving guided tours of her cooter, Michael Moore sharing his secret map listing the best donut shops in Flint, a lunch with Clooney where he will regale you with cast stories from Oceans 11 thru 18, oh, and some singing lessons from Cher.

Comments are closed.

  1. blameme

    Your post about GOP reminded me of this statistic:

    25% of women are on medication for mental illness. Which means the other 75% aren’t taking their meds.

    Thumb up 6

  2. blameme

    As long as it was you repmom, I am cool with it. :) Funny thing, I told my wife that joke and I got a punch in the arm, which only shows that your gender is always on the brink…;)

    I hope you have been well.

    Thumb up 1

  3. repmom

    which only shows that your gender is always on the brink

    Watch out or I’ll give you another one! (Thumbs down, that is)

    I’m good, thanks.

    Thumb up 0

  4. Hal_10000

    I think the GOP convention is going to feature Donald Trump. Unfortunately, his involvement does not involve being pelted with rotten fruit.

    Thumb up 2

  5. bgeek

    I think the GOP convention is going to feature Donald Trump. Unfortunately, his involvement does not involve being pelted with rotten fruit.

    Fresh fruit hurts a lot more.

    Thumb up 0

  6. blameme

    I don’t believe tomatoes are “legitimate” fruits anyway.

    Anti-tomato bigot! They have a right to call themselves whatever they want. You however, cannot call them illegitimate nor a fruit – even if they use fruit or (gasp!) vegetable as slang toward each other.

    It’s a tomato thing. You wouldn’t understand.

    Thumb up 3

  7. Thrill

    Mark Levin was on fire today. He was going on about the Democrats making a GOP-wide scandal out of Akin while choosing an accused rapist, known philanderer, and infamous sexual harrasser to be the keynote speaker at their convention.

    Loved it.

    Thumb up 0

  8. Xetrov

    choosing an accused rapist, known philanderer, and infamous sexual harrasser to be the keynote speaker at their convention

    Julian Castro is an accused rapist, known philanderer, and infamous sexual harrasser?

    Thumb up 0

  9. Thrill

    Whoops. It was my assumption that he would be the keynote speaker. Let me take another swing at it:

    ”an accused rapist, known philanderer, and infamous sexual harrasser will introduce the president at their convention.”

    Thumb up 0

  10. Xetrov

    He’s going to officially give Obama the nomination on behalf of the DNC as well, which is even worse than it being the keynote speaker as far as I’m concerned. The OP hit it on the head. Forget about all of the failed policies of the last four years, the economy, the new wars Obama started, Obamacare, and everything else that actuall affects us. Akin, the fricking idiot, just cemented the manufactured “war on women” as the meme for the next three months from the MSM and the left.

    Thumb up 0