If you think this WH isn’t agenda driven

And basically steering our money to their friends, then you are not paying attention. First there was that pesky Solyndra scandal. When I brought up that this was basically crony capitalism at its worst, with the WH using the economic crisis at that time and their big lie that a near trillion dollar stimulus was the only remedy to what ailed us to funnel billions of tax payer dollars to industries that can not exist without subsidies, and that’s not my opinion, I was demagogued by the usual suspects. When I pointed out that the attempts to link the Bush WH to this or claim that the loan had not been fast tracked by Team Obama, against the advice of several financial experts, including the OMB, the GAO, and finally even the DOE which had originally pushed the thing through only to realize this was going to blow up in their face, I was accused of not having the facts right.

Then it became obvious this whole thing was tied to a money bundler billionaire investor that had raised beaucoup money for the Obama campaign, and I pointed out how the loan was restructured at the WH’s behest to favor the investors over the tax payers, at a time when everyone started picking up Solyndra was going to implode regardless of the tax payer money it got, and when I mentioned that I was told, yet again, that there was no proof. And then there is this latest revelation. We need some investigations here to find out the details of why the tax payer was yet again duped by the guy that now wants to rip taxpayers off to the tune of something close to another $2 trillion of our money to pay for his party’s vote buying schemes.

Of course, by now all these things have borne out exactly as I predicted they would, but if you still are dubious that this is not the way the WH is running things and going to argue this was an isolated incident, then here is yet another such example of WH crony capitalism:

LightSquared, a wireless network backed by billionaire Democratic donor Philip Falcone, could beam broadband Internet everywhere—but some military officials fear it could interfere with critical GPS signals. Now, as The Daily Beast’s Eli Lake exclusively reports, two U.S. officials allege the White House tried to influence their testimony to rush key testing, to LightSquare’s benefit.

That we now have not one, but two incidents where big Obama donors – those evil capitalists that Obama and the left love to demonize and accuse of stealing money from the little guy – and then in two different industry sectors to boot, accused of getting special favors from the WH, both with damaging consequences to Americans, isn’t a coincidence. What we are seeing here is a systematic pattern of government by those that think it is their duty to pick who wins and who loses. And the fact that the ones that are picked to win are either members of the green movement, big donors, or both, is not a coincidence either. The left is engaged in the very nefarious practices it projects constantly on the other side in order to demonize them and justify the whole class warfare bullshit agenda. Can you imagine the furor in the LSM if this had happened while Bush was president? Remember the constant talk of “Halliburton”, while forgetting Bill Clinton’s relation to the same, back when? Where is all that feigned outrage now?

The American people are being done a huge disservice by these crooks. Both in the LSM and the WH. And I do not expect this to be the last such scandal to be revealed and ignored as much as possible by the LSM. Of course, the bloggosphere will drag them kicking and screaming into doing damage control, and eventually into reporting far more of the truth and facts than they would feel comfortable with.

More utter dishonesty (and we’ve been through it so there’s no need to do so pointlessly again). Why on earth do you bother? Especially on this one, when you can set out a decent enough negative story by just sticking to the facts. Weird.

This is from Media Matters, but as all relevant aspects are from elsewhere and are directly linked the Media Matters aspect is completely irrelevant, so check out everything under the heading “FACT: Walton’s Firm Also Part Of The Deal, Which DOE Expects Will Result In Higher Recovery For Taxpayers” and you’ll see aspects of this that you’re completely ignoring. Particularly the part about how and why the restructuring took place. It’s not quite how you’re painting it.
    But then you’re a fundamentalist, which means you don’t have to think for yourself, and you get to ignore relevant facts where they don’t work for your narrative. So I’m sure I am indeed just wasting my time.

Jesus fucking Christ just shut the fuck up already. Does every, and I mean every fucking post on this god damn blog have to be polluted with the same shit about how everyone here is an ideologue with a negative connotation attached to it or fundamentalist robot? And then with blatant hypocrisy “facts” are presented to us from left wing sites like Huntington Post or Media Matters dressed up as the logical center, because of course you’re not an ideologue, that would be considered weird in NZ.. I swear, and this is just my opinion, but it pains me to read this blog anymore. It’s the same basic story in every one of your posts which floods every thread here. That is until people get sick of you then it’s the personal abuse victim crap starts. At least at that point we can be thankful the thread is dying down I suppose.

It has been my opinion since first encountering CM (and his little dog too) that his sole intention is to sow mistrust and hatred here. There has been nothing constructive in his/their plan, only destruction.

If it “pains” you to read this blog,and trust me,you’re not the only one,then the kiwi Saul Alinsky is achieving his goal.

Why anyone would want to debate this loquacious troll is beyond my understanding.
    It is,however, fun to poke him with a stick from time to time.

A lot of people shun and deride Mechelle Malkin but she has an excellent article up about Lightsquared and Phillup(my pockets) Falcone.

LightSquared: Obama’s Dangerous Broadband Boondoggle

Section8 and MY – your issues are clearly with Alex. Take up with him his inability to get anything even remotely close to accurate, and his relentless “everyone on the left it a fucking moron” shit. For some reason you have a problem with him being called out on both, rather than the fact that it’s all inaccurate to start with and that he’s writing just another of the same post yet again for the millionth time. Why? Where exactly are your standards at?

As for the Media Matters thing, you’re clearly having a laugh. I’m not relying on anything Media Matters says, just what they’ve linked to. I thought briefly about pointing directly to the individual links and quoting the relevant parts, but there’s no reason I should because as far as I know we’re all older than 12. If you don’t understand that, then I don’t understand how you get yourself out of bed in the morning.

I’ve never thought trolls, especially loquacious trolls, to be morons. Quite the contrary, I find them to be underhanded, devious sowers of shite.

Your proceeding comment serves no purpose other than to spread dissension. You can see that right?

What I find really disturbing is that I find more and more of your ilk on other right leaning sites.

Do y’all share an agenda or are these your marching orders?

And when your done bloviating go read Malkin’s article.

[...] (and his little dog too)

*woof-woof ruff-ruff arf-arf yap-yap yip-yip*

I’m not sure what you want from this place? If it’s right-thinking thought, then that is what you are getting. All contributors, without exception, are either conservative or libertarian. This in spite of JimK’s outspoken wishes to find intelligent liberal contributors. He apparently hasn’t been able to find such people as of yet, which makes me wonder how you will react if and when that happens?

As things stand, you’ve got CM and occasionally me, who have offered “consistent” differing opinions. You don’t always agree within your community either, which is refreshing, but why shun actual and honest discourse? Neither of us are trolling, even if it seems surprisingly easy to suggest that we are. So what if CM comments on every thread? Embrace it and debate him. Sharpen your arguments, check your sources. Most of you are doing that just fine.

Personally I don’t think that Alex uses CM very well. He should really use the criticism to change his MO. Not his positions, nota bene, but his way of putting forth an argument. He’s sloppy and extremely one sided more often than he’s not. IMO of course.

10. CzarChasm says:

I don’t know much about this story, but the other day I was kicking back watching Megyn Kelly (you little hottie you) and she had Falcone on for one of the more in-depth interviews I’ve seen on Fox. I’m not taking his side at all, and really, this interview amounts to pretty much the extent of what I know about the controversy, but he does address the “crony capitalism” charges as well as a few other issues. For me, the most interesting part was about the technology they’re attempting to deploy, but that gets almost no press from what I understand, in favor of the political controversy surrounding his company right now.

Anyway, here’s the interview. It’s Fox, so you decide. :-)~

CC

It’s like looking for the Easter bunny or Santa Claus. They don’t exist IMO.

This wasn’t about the technology, crony capitalism, or Falcon, per se, CzarChasm, but about the fact that the most ethical & open administration ever promised us by them and the left in 2008 being embroiled in a far, far greater series of scandalous things than they claimed where exclusive purveyance of their opposition. Especially when the media went out of their way to create the illusion that those politicians with the wrong letter next to their names where doing bad things, even when the evidence was not there or far, far less obvious, but then tell us that they are not addressing these issues now because the facts are not yet clear and the whole thing should be allowed to play out (meaning die off so they can ignore it). Kind of like CM does.

The point is that the left seems to do far more of the criminal shit they accuse others of doing – projection I know – and people need to know that. It reinforces my argument that these people are about picking the winners & losers and making themselves stinking rich in the process, a practice I find far more despicable than their demonized and demagogued favorite class – the productive rich – which they want to fleece while providing the illusion that are actually doing something socially just or good. And that’s the thing that pisses me off the most. The left’s claim of being morally superior, especially in view of the facts that actually show them to be the onse far more likely to be doing things out for personal gain at the expense of others, is so transparently false to me that it pains me to see so many actually buying that nonsense.

What we have been through is me giving facts you grandstanding and tolling, then the facts bearing out, and you moving the goal posts so you could keep doing more of the same.

BTW, I stuck to the facts CM, and the facts are that this WH coerced people to change their testimony to favor a project pushed by a political donor that was believed to interfere with the military’s ability to do their job. I also pointed out how I was proven right by the Solyndra developments, the gunrunner ones, and the fact that Obama has now added another layer of shit to the same old shit sandwich he tried to force feed the tax payers the last time and is telling us that’s the cure to the problem we all clearly see is the left’s massive increase in unsustainable vote buying socialist schemes.

The fact that you do not like these facts doesn’t make them untruths. That’s a concept you might want to grasp.

14. CzarChasm says:

Like I said Alex, I really don’t know anything about the controversy. I just offered up an interview with one of the principles that I happened to stumble upon for anyone who was interested in it.

Believe me though, I have no illusions about the depth of depravity, hypocrisy, cronyism, lack of ethics, corruption, immorality, racism or criminal propensity coming from the left. To my way of thinking, those are all just varying denominations of the currency they use to ply their stock in trade.

CC

Hopeless Alex. I’m not sure who you think you are kidding, it’s all so transparent. It’s quite unbelievable that you just keep doing the same thing over and over again. Everyone else would do as Kimpost suggests below (change their MO). However you just keep writing crap that’s so easily shown to be wrong. And then it’s shown to be wrong, you stick your fingers in your ears and shut your eyes and just keep repeating it. It’s extremely strange.

I’ve been here since at least 2004, I think it was 2003, and yes, I expect the dominant view to be right leaning. I see no issue with that. I don’t see it as a negative at all.

It’s hope the contributors stay right leaning. If I want a round table then I can go to a site that’s set up that way. If you want a round table, maybe go to Kos or Think Progress and have them set up shop that way. That said, how I’ll react depends on how they present themselves. If it’s foreigners with the attitude that they know more about the domestic issues in my country than I do, then I’ll have an issue with it. Same as if they go about talking about how weird it is to have a strong stance of a narrow ideology, and then in turn talk about how their stance of a narrow ideology is perfectly sane (of course it’s not narrow though in their view). And repeat it over and over and over and over again in every thread 500 times.

Actually we’ve had some decent people here like Stogy who was good, not that I wouldn’t get fired up over him as well, but I stated I respected him many times. Of course I don’t think you and CM were there despite how well you might think you know the history of this blog and the people on it.

Again, it depends on the content of the thread and the attitude. :)

Yeah, Alex can go overboard sometimes, but that’s not new. Either just skip the thread or whatever, but at the end of the day at least on this thread he posted exactly the right point whether “the real facts” are presented from left leaning sites with cherry picked links (which is supposedly a shame when Alex does it) or not.

So Alex. Did you watch the interview? And if you did, how does it fit with your initial post?

Oh, My. Fucking, God.
    That’s just utterly hopeless.

And that would be the following?

As evidenced by what? Certainly not by Alex’s initial post. I mean if there was no foul play surrounding LightSquared, then what’s left? A general point irrelevant to the initial post, that’s what. He was lazy again, IMO.

Ok, but that’s not what happened when you went nuts. This is what CM said. Emphasis mine.

This is from Media Matters, but as all relevant aspects are from elsewhere and are directly linked the Media Matters aspect is completely irrelevant, so check out everything under [...]

I mean, come on?

I think when he says ” I expect the dominant view to be right leaning” and “It’s hope the contributors stay right leaning” it means ideology trumps accuracy. It doesn’t actually matter if things aren’t demonstrated to be what is claimed, it’s the claiming that’s important. It doesn’t matter that a premise can be shown to be flawed, it’s stating the premise that’s important.
    Which leads back to the question: what’s the point? Might as well disable comments and give all right-wingers the power to write the main posts.

HIs post was about 2 people coming forward in saying they were at least urged to state something they may not agree with in their testimony. What does that have to do with your link and the CEO saying he never met Obama? I don’t believe Alex stated that meeting Obama was the issue or commented on that. If he did I haven’t seen it and that’s not something I considered in this who thing. You appear to be arguing a point that was never brought up in the first place.

The only thing remotely close to anything relevant would be this.

He commented on testimony from Air Force General Shelton who said the White House pressured him to change Congressional testimony over fears LightSquared’s network would interfere with military systems. He said that the general is misinformed, and the network does not interfere.

Which at that point would be the general’s word vs the CEO, but which still has nothing to do with the original post of influencing testimony (which the two guys could be lying, but prove that one, not some irrelevant argument), but hell pointing any of this out is ideology trumping facts, even if pointing out those facts had nothing to do with the point anyhow.

Fact is Obama did make a big issue how lobbyists weren’t going to influence his White House, and that’s been shown to be a bunch of BS long before this stuff came up. This is just more of it.

Hey, in my opinion feel free to leave. If you want to worry about how much taxes we pay or don’t pay, or our cost of living, or whatever the fuck, pay up, otherwise to be honest it’s none of your damn business.

Oh, and page 2 of Alex’s article also states that the CEO never met Obama. Looks like we both missed page 2 of his link. So again what’s the new revelation that I apparently will choose to ignore according to CM?

You guys sure have made an artform of making things undiscussable. It’s actually quite impressive in some ways.

I know english isn’t your first language Kimpost, but did I stutter in the above post?

My opinion has not changed: Obama and these democrats are crooks, big crooks. And they do everything they falsly accuse their opposition of doing to impugn their character, projection at its worst, and the fact that they are given a pass by their supporters, with big excuses made for why they do those things and blatantly bullshit attempts as defending them, shows us all that we better not try to play nice with them, because they play for keeps.

And anyone willing to associate with Obama and to trust him and people like him with power are suspect IMO in both that association and trust.

And would it surprise many folks here that Soros was tied up with LightSquared?
    No, I didn’t think so.

Soros turns up in Obama’s LightSquared imbroglio

And Nixon was threatened with impeachment because – bottom line- there was a 18-Minute Gap’ in a White House tape. Nobody knew what was contained in those 18 minutes, but what the hell— he was Nixon. So there’s that.
    (comment from Curmudgeonly and Skeptical)

Yes, the infamous Soros. It’s a conspiracy, I tell you!

;)

No, you didn’t stutter. You just posted a comment about the crooks of the current administration, which is fine, since that’s an opinion. But your main post highlighted LightSquared as yet another administration scandal, and it might not be one. Hurry much?

And now you did it again. And this time you might actually have stuttered.

Bringing this out..

Your claim that this is not a scandal – unless your point is that it is not one yet – seems to be a whole lot more “opinion” than my pointing out that the current administration, the same one that told us it was going to be the most ethical and transparent one ever, now has been outed as being neither ethical nor transparent and involved in several unethical, if not outright criminal, activities that warrant investigation.

Nixon was kicked out of office for coercing testimony. If what he did was wrong, then you must also believe the current WH “encouraging” people they can punish for not going along to provide testimony that would benefit a big donor, is not right. Then you have Solyndra and the whole Gunrunner incident too. Like in the case of cockroaches, these are just the ones we have seen in the open, but there are bound to be a lot more hiding.

And now you did it again. And this time you might actually have stuttered.

Your humor falls short yet again, as it seems to be doing all over the place, just like your blinkered ideological logic. Thanks for not disappointing, though.

Hey Fido, can you dispute the facts laid out in the article?